GE Silos warrants its entire silo product range (“goods”) against faulty material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of delivery provided that the silo is mounted on a solid foundation prepared to appropriate Australian Standards.
If the goods are found to be faulty or defective, GE Silos will repair or replace the goods, or wholly or partly recompense the consumer.
The costs directly associated with a valid warranty claim will be covered by GE Silos. This representation does not extend to ancillary expenses.
If you have any faults arising from the materials or the workmanship, you must cease using the goods when the fault arises, and you should immediately contact GE Silos to notify GE Silos of the alleged defect. Failure to do so will void the warranty (please note the exclusions set out below).
- GE Silos will not warrant structural issues caused by inappropriate silo sites and foundations. GE Silos foundation specifications are to be used as a guide only. GE Silos recommends that you obtain a soil test report from a qualified geotechnical engineer and consult and engage a structural engineer to design foundations having regard to maximum load bearing capacity of the soil and environmental factors.
- GE Silos will not warrant any damage caused by malfunction or failure resulting from misuse, neglect or for a purpose for which it was not designed.
- GE Silos will not warrant repairs, alterations or modifications to its goods that have been modified by any persons other than GE Silos authorised personnel.
- A warranty claim is not available for damage caused by vehicles or other machinery, or for damage resulting from general fair wear and tear.
- A warranty claim is not available for the installation or instalment of additional equipment of other manufacturers or suppliers that were not fitted by GE Silos authorised personnel.
Limitations to Warranty
The warranty does not extend to defects or damage caused, in whole or in part, by:
- use of a kind and/or to a degree not reasonably expected to be made of the goods;
- improper storage of the goods both prior to and after delivery to the consumer;
- any use of the goods which is not an intended use as specified in GE Silos published product literature or otherwise specified by GE Silos in writing;
- any equipment attached to or used in conjunction with the goods;
- any field modifications or substitutions to the goods’ original components;
- inadequate ventilation or any other circumstance not in keeping with proper maintenance and/or use of the goods;
- acts of God, accident, neglect or abuse of the goods by the purchase and/or any other individual or entity; or
Australian Consumer Law
The rights and remedies provided to the consumer by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to consumers under the Australian Consumer Law.
GE Silos goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a “major failure” of the goods and compensation for any other reason if loss of or damage to the goods was foreseeable.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable or merchantable quality, and the failure does not amount to a major failure.